Wednesday, October 21, 2009

September 25th, 2009... pt I: A Day I Will Never Forget

I had been avidly counting down to this date for a couple simple reasons mentioned in my last post. One, it was to be my last day at work, and two, my last Urban Juke Joint (for some time). Little did I know, the day would be far from simple, thanks (or not) to some added ingredients during its course.

I was excited about leaving the stagnant and creatively stifling position of Sales Assistant at my job, mostly just to get back some personal freedom. After 9 months of outstanding service to a well-managed organization, my send-off left much to be desired and was distasteful, to say the least. My boss said she couldn't think of what to do or get for me, so she decided she'd give me a handshake and say thanks for everything. What a way to show gratitude to probably the best person to fill that position in years.

Moving on...

While on my way to what promised to be a memorable Urban Juke Joint by the hosts, anticipating the presence of an unannounced special guest, I received the saddening news that my best friend's mother had passed away... A woman who was a mother to me, who treated me like her second son. R.I.P. Radha Bhawanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment