Monday, July 27, 2009

Songs of the Times: Blu - Untitled (LovedU) 2

Every so often there's a song that serves as your daily theme music. One that could eventually be added to the soundtrack of your life. One that, when you hear it in the future, would take you back to a certain place, time, and state of mind...

Blu's smooth lyricism and flow is spread over this track which samples Radiohead's "You and Whose Army." There is one line that did it for me... "I plot and planned it for the giver so, hoping folks hear Below (the Heavens), and see I'm not the same as Lil Wayne"



My good homie, Jabal put me on to Blu with his album "Below the Heavens" (produced by Exile), which I encourage you to get a hold of! It's classic material. I instantly became a fan and in the same speed added Blu to my favourite MC's list.

This song is off his latest mixtape, "Her Favo(u)rite Colo(u)r", which was released on Valentine's Day 2009. After doing other collaborative work such as "Johnson and Jonson", Blu rejoins Exile (who also instantly became a favourite producer) for some smooth, jazzy, poetic artistry on this mixtape.

p.s. Also check out "Amnesia"

No comments:

Post a Comment