Friday, July 31, 2009

Good News... There's Good New Music!... J. Cole

I feel there is a reemergence of good music into the mainstream. (It's about damn time!) I have to give props again to my homie Jabz for putting me on to J. Cole... I'm like a lot of people who are hearing this dude for the first time... So here's a short bio from my one day research...
  • J. Cole (born Jermaine Cole) hails from the town of Fayetteville, North Carolina (often mentioned as "The Ville" on his mixtapes)
  • Went to St. John's University in 2003 on Academic scholarship and graduated Magna Cum Laude... 3.82 GPA (quite impressive)
  • Used school as a ticket to NYC to be in the heart of the music industry
  • Dropped one mixtape "The Come Up" before being signed by Jay-Z to his new "Roc Nation" imprint
  • Jay-Z heard one song and was impressed and wanted to meet with him...
The song that apparently got him signed happens to be my favourite track from the "The Warm Up" mixtape... "Lights Please"



By 2nd and 3rd fave joints are "Losing My Balance"...


...and "I Get Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment